Sooooooo, it’s my dad’s birthday today and he’s 58! Super old! Just kidding, he’s only middle aged, but anyway at his work, you have to take in cake on your birthday. I know, totally unfair, surely other people should bring in cake for you?
Well, no matter, because it just gives me a great excuse to get baking!
This banana bread is so moist and yummy that you won’t be able to stop it from being devoured immediately. Luckily I doubled this recipe to make two loaves!
- 125 grams butter (room temperature)
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350 grams bananas (reall ripe, mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In the bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas (if the mixture has begun to split, sprinkle in some of the flour)
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir into the batter. Sprinkle over chocolate chips and fold in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cover with foil halfway to prevent over browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the banana bread from the tin.