Raspberries. Cinnamon. Banana. I don’t know about you, but that’s heaven to my ears… and my taste buds! honestly, this cake just tastes so amazing, it’s moist, sweet, and with just that undertone of spice, it’s absolutely perfect!
Plus, it makes the kitchen smell sooooo good!
I’ve finally finished all my mocks, thank the lord, what a relief. And i’m going to Belgium tomorrow, just me and my mum, which I love, it’s just such a relaxation, and we always go shopping. Always! Every girls’ dream- and since i’m the only one, I guess that means i’m going to have two ladies spending all their money on me, thanks mumma and bonne mami!
- 255g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 270g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 130g unsalted butter, melted
- 120g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170C/160C fan.
- Melt the butter and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs, and then add the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add this to the egg mixture and carefully fold the mixtures together.
- Add the cooled butter to the mixture and carefully fold it in, followed by folding in the raspberries.
- Pour into two greased and lined loaf tins and bake for 45 minutes until golden (you may need to cover them with foil after about 20 minutes). Once baked, allow to cool in the tin until cool enough to handle. Turn it out and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Can be enjoyed both warm and cold.