I just think that whenever you put banana into cake- it makes it heaven. It gives it such a moistness that I don’t think you can get with most other ingredients, and when you add blueberries…. well, words cannot explain how good it tastes!
I love this recipe, not only because of the flavour and how simple it is, but also because of the way they look with the blueberries at the top.
I just whipped these up quickly as a cool down after revision for exams, because baking is, in my opinion, such a great de-stresser- i really suggest you try it!
- 125g butter
- 125ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 large (roughly 115g) mashed over-ripe banana
- 225g self raising flour
- 120g frozen blueberries
- preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Put the milk and butter in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until it has melted. Leave to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy, then gradually add sugar, whilst continuing to beat the mixture. Stir in the mashed banana, fold in the sifted flour and the cooled butter mixture, and spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake the cakes for 9 minutes, then remove from the oven and press frozen blueberries (around 5 per cake) into the top of the cupcakes.
- Return to the oven for 13-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.