Another part of the christmas hampers! They go fabulously with butter and cheese, although they already have parmesan in them so you don’t really need the cheese that much.
Crispy, cheesy, herby- delicious!! Whack them out this christmas after dinner to impress everybody, they’re actually really easy, but you can tell everybody how skilled you have to be to make them (I promise I won’t give the game away!)
- 115g unsalted butter
- 90g grated Parmesan
- 155g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cream the butter, then add the Parmesan, flour, salt, thyme and pepper and combine. Add a splash of water if the dough does not come together.
- Dump the dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 13-inch long log. Wrap the log in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170C.
- Cut the log crosswise into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a lined baking tray and bake for 22 minutes.