ahhhh, my favourite time of year- christmas! Mainly because of all the baking that goes with it, I just love the traditional smell of christmas in the kitchen, the spices, the warmth of it is just sooooo good!
This year, we’ve decided to present my family with small hampers of food gifts instead of bothering to actually buy presents, so what better and christmasier than gingerbread biscotti!? Perfect!! It’s sooo gooood!
- 75g butter
- 200g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 85g molasses (solid or liquid- I prefer solid)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 320g plain flour
- 120g wholewheat flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 11/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 170C. Line a baking sheet with paper and set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a separate bowl. Sieve into wet ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
- Divide your dough into two equal parts. Shape each piece into a roll slightly shorter than the tray. Press down to 1/2 inch thickness. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to slice 1/2 inch pieces and place flat onto your tray.
- Bake 10 minutes on each side at 160C.
Dip in your coffee AND ENJOY CHRISTMAS!!