These stuffing balls are a little treat! We had a roast dinner at the weekend, so i just whipped up these little beauties to go with the pork- so easy, so delicious!!
Although we had them with pork, they go amazingly well with turkey, chicken… most meats really I guess.
They are vegetarian as well, so if you don’t eat meat, they still work great!!
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 50g butter
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 140g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 175g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 20g pack parsley, chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Fry onions in the butter. Stir in nuts; fry until golden. Remove from the heat, add apricots, breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest. Mix in the egg and season. Use half to stuff the neck end of the turkey; shape the rest into balls.
- Put the balls in a buttered baking dish, then drizzle with oil. Bake for 30 mins until golden, or roast them around the meat.