It’s my mum’s best friend’s birthday!! Well it was yesterday, but I was busy so the florentines will have to be made today.
They’re her absolute favourites, so I figured it would only be appropriate to make them for her, and, of course, she loved them! On a sadder note, I had to work this morning and I was outside at 7:30 and thought I was going to freeze to death! But I love where I work and all the doggies so I suppose that out-weighs the bad… maybe?
- 25g butter
- 25g light brown soft sugar
- 100g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 2tsp plain flour
- 150g mixed dried fruit and nuts (I used desiccated coconut, glace cherries, dried apricots and flaked almonds)
- 85g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick saucepan. Add the condensed milk and heat until just bubbling, stirring all the time. Stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth. Add the dried fruit and nuts and mix well.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes until turning golden brown at the edges. Leave to cool on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and leave to cool slightly, then smooth onto the back of the cooled biscuits and run a fork through it to make wiggly lines.
- Leave to set