As my sister is going back to uni very soon, (woooo- this is not the sister who went to Africa- if it were, I would be saying booo) I have been recruited to create some delicious little cupcakes for her to take to work.
These little beauties are an absolute treat, soooo delicious and soooo easy!
- 4tbsp Water, boiling
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Butter (unsalted)softened
- 165g golden caster sugar
- 115g Self-raising flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 150g butter
- 260g icing sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases, and preheat the oven to 180C.
- mix together the boiling water and cocoa powder to form a smooth paste, then add the remaining cake ingredients and whisk together.
- Spoon into the paper cases and put in the oven for 25 minutes or until firm and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool.
- For the buttercream, mix all the ingredients together in a food processor, then pipe onto the cooled cakes.