This weekend my mum had a lovely little gathering with her amigas, so naturally i was called upon to make and bake delicious concoctions for them to enjoy, and i ended up making:
- patatas bravas
- chicken skewers
- mini lemon tarts
- mixed berry samosas
- chocolate mousse cones
- cinnamon puff pastry twists
Unfortunately I couldn’t snap pictures of all my creations before they were greedily gobbled by the women, but never mind.
These are so delicious and not too hard, although the cones require a bit of time, so if you don’t have any it would also work to put them in ready made chocolate cups.
Hopefully these pictures should help you make the cones.
- 125g broken up milk chocolate
- soog plain chocolate
- 4tbsp water
- 2 egg whites
- 25g caster sugar
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. To shape the cones, cut 8 circles of baking paper that are 17cm across, then fold them in half and cut to the center of the circle. shape the circle into a cone by rolling the cut side inwards, then tape to hold in place.
- Put the milk chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a bain-marie, and melt over boiling water. Leave to cool slightly, then put a spoonful in each cone and spread up the sides so that the whole of it is covered. Place upside down on the baking tray and repeat with the remaining cones. Chill.
- To make the mousse, put the plain chocolate and water in a bain-marie and heat until melted.
- Whisk the egg whites to peaks, then whisk in the sugar a little at a time.
- peel the baking paper off of the cones and spoon the mousse into the set cones and chill for a further hour.