I absolutely love frittata, or just anything that contains egg usually, and frittata is one of my favourites! Especially with bacon in it, alas, as I was making these for my mum’s work, they have mushrooms in them- BLEURGH! One of my least fabvourite things of all time- if i had been making them, they would have had red peppers instead of those atrocities masquerading as vegetables.
However, I love that these are mini, because they are so cute and it means they are perfect for picnics and lunch boxes, so you can eat them wherever you want!
I make them in silicon cupcake cases, which are really handy to have as it means you don’t have to keep buying new ones, as long as you are careful not to accidentally throw them away!!
Like I said, although these have mushrooms in them, you can put in whatever you like really; potatoes, peppers, sweetcorn, courgettes… the list is endless!
- 6 large eggs
- good sized splash of milk
- 1 onion
- 200g mushrooms
- 6 medallions of bacon
- good grating of cheese
- preheat the oven to 180C and line a cupcake tin with 12 cases
- chop the onion and mushrooms, and snip up the bacon into bite-sized pieces, then preheat a pan with a little oil.
- Add the onion and bacon to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, and then add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Crack the eggs into a jug and add the splash of milk, and a good grind of salt and pepper, and whisk them altogether.
- Add the bacon onion mixture and grate in some cheese, then pour into the cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.