As I have already said, my mum’s on a health quest, and she is also tackling menopause at the same time (FUN) so she has found this diet where you need to eat lots of phyto products as this evens out the estrogen and eases menopausal symptoms or something like that.
I’m not denying that at first it may look slightly gross, but it’s actually delicious!
Anyway this recipe makes a surprisingly delicious and healthy spiced fruit loaf that is also vegan and wheat free!
DON’T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!
- 140g soya flour
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g flaxseeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 280g dried fruit ( I like a combination of apricots and raisins)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp wheat free baking powder
- 800 ml soya milk
- Mix all the dry inredients together in a large bowl
- Tip over the soya milk
- leave for 1 hour to soak
- while it is soaking, preheat the oven to 175C
- After 1 hour, spoon into two prepared loaf tins and bake in the oven for 60-90 minutes until firm on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with butter, cheese or fruit/nut spread (It is definitely best with jam!)