Baking again, of course, and this time I decided to make the simple classic; the flapjack. Sweet chewy and absolutely delicious! I love how easy this recipe is, and how quick it is to make! I was working this afternoon at the kennels walking dogs, and I just whipped these up when I got home, super simple.
I just made plain ones this time, but you could include whatever extras you like, such as dried fruit (raisins, apricots, glace cherries etc), nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, marshmallows, The possibilities are endless!
I love to finish mine with a drizzle of chocolate, as it just makes them look that extra bit more special!
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 125g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 2-3 tbsps Golden Syrup (depends how gooey you want it)
- 50g chcocolate, melted for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and golden syrup
- Add the oats and stir until well combined (if you want to add any extras like I suggested, do it now!)
- tip into a lined baking tin and squish evenly down
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, then take out and leave to cool
- When they have completely cooled, drizzle the melted chocolate over and leave to set
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!!