It’s my friend Isaac’s birthday soon so I promised him I would make him my favourite cookies for it, and this is the result!
In the recipe I use half light brown sugar and half caster sugar, because it gives a really great texture, (and a yummy flavour!) but i have used half muscovado and half granulated sugar before, and this works well also, so if you only have these sugars in your cupboard, use them instead!
I love these chocolate chips! Massive bag that lasts for ageeeeees
If you don’t have a silicon baking mat, you should definitely get one! they are so useful, and it saves flaffing about with greasing etc.
Also, if you make these, try to do it just before you have guests; it makes the house smell AMAZING!
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 80g light brown sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g plain chocolate chips or chunks
- 100g fudge chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper (or a very handy silicon mat)
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and fudge chunks and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
TIP: best eaten warm and served with icecream! YUM!